Aspiration to Action
The current step in turning our aspiration into accomplishment is to implement the action teams and take on the tasks to produce the results.
- Action team #1 is readiness for kindergarten. Note that there has been ongoing work in this area which allows a jumpstart on this objective. The action team has chosen a small area as community for the team to begin with. That area is the north side of Poughkeepsie. Those interested in becoming a part of this effort should complete the contact form to initiate contact with the action team.
Action team #2 is 'everyone has a career plan'. The intention here is to create a student based study/learning plan for each student.
The starting point is to have a career plan by the end of 8th grade. It can be argued that this is too early, and too late. The arguments are:
1) Too early for a student to have settled on a career, and 2) too late to have influenced getting the core skills necessary to succeed in a
Action team #2 expects have members from the school systems, including BOCES, Guidance, parents, colleges, industry, community leaders and others. This team is intended to:
- reduce the drop-out rate of students in secondary school.
- reduce the remedial workload at colleges so they can concentrate on college level courses
- validate the core subjects in primary school as foundations for all careers.
- assure viable pathways for career and technical qualification and work life.
Again, for those who wish to learn more about the team, and possible become a team member, please contact us. The contact us form is provided for your convenience.